Insulating an existing room in roof.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I would be grateful for any thoughts on how to improve the insulation in 2 RIR bedrooms.
They are in a dormer bungalow built early 50's we think. The dwarf walls are actually built of approx. brick sized cinder blocks and there is loft access all around the loft side of the walls. There is no access into the loft space at present above the bedroom ceilings.
My idea's are to remove the ceiling & skeiling plaster boards, install insulation slabs between the rafters, on the skeiling. Make an access into the loft space above the non sloping ceiling and use st rockwool 100mm + 170mm. I would also like to use use 32 mm insulated plasterboard to replace the existing plaster board giving a insulation combination of the between rafter insulation and the insulation on the back of the new plasterboard.
Does this seem a sensible approach and are there any complications to watch out for?
Finally what's the best way to insulation the cinder block dwarf wall from inside the loft space, I dont want to make the room space smaller by insulating inside the room.
Thanks in anticipation of your contributions.
Rgds
JLS

Sponsored Links
Any insulation will be an improvement but you will have to lose room space to bring it up to modern standards

Blup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back