Insulating an old ceiling

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening all. First time poster here.

I'm doing up my kitchen at the moment, and need to do something about the ceiling. At the moment it's sloping tongue and groove from the 1970s, with more recent blanket insulation above and then a newish slate roof. The old tongue and groove is in a bad shape. Since I also want to add some extra insulation, would it be okay to attach some Kingspan beneath the existing ceiling, and then add a second tongue and groove ceiling beneath that? I'm just worried there might be mould issues or something.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
You can buy insulated plasterboard with a vapour barrier incorporated that would probably be the easiest way to insulate.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Catlad. The thing is, I want to tongue-and-groove the ceiling again, 'cos I like the look of it, so I thought kingspan boards would probably be easiest

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back