Insulating central heating pipes - no space for tubes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having new floor laid on ground floor and taking the opportunity to install insulation. Just loft rolls stuffed between the joists.

I can't use the foam pipe tubes on majority of the central heating as the pipes are too close together. Ffs. I guess I could cut the tubes in half and tape it, although unconvinced this will add much. That and the loft insulation will be better than the bare pipes I have now.

However, I have a surplus of marmox tile backer board (10mm thick with eps sandwiched between). Thoughts on boxing in the pipe runs with this and stuffing with loft insulation?

Final thoughts. Is it worth throwing insulation around the pipes underfloor upstairs? The void isn't ventilated with freezing outside air like downstairs, but, the copper pipes are radiating heat into a void.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back