Insulating roof of scout hut

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
shedroof.jpg

Whats the best way to insulate this roof. It's just wooden boards with nailed and battened tiles on the other side. The floor is insulated and the rockwool is sloping away from us on the upstand, being the kitchen ceiling on the other underside. I have read about condensation and want to know what product would be best to fix to the roof side in both the kitchen, currently uninsulated on the roof side and in the main roof from where the photo is taken to get good insulation. There is no gap in the top of the roof where it meets the apex so do I need to put a vent of some sort where the rockwool meets the current roof and in the apex or is it unnecessary.
regards

Nick

Sponsored Links
Look like 4" (100mm) joists to me???

If so you could use maximum 50mm rigid insulation flush with the underside of the rafters, then cover with polythene/plasterboard or just foil backed plasterboard. You will need vents at the top 50mm of the wall. The circular soffit vents will do it.

You could also warm roof it. which means insulation on the top side of the roof boards, then felting over the top of that (A few vents will still be needed at the top of the wall)

Worth considering if the current roof covering is on the way out, as you could use thicker insulation.

Ps, Rockwool is green, that looks like Knauf ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back