Insulating Shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, I've just cleared out shed due to expanding family and need to store my wine, tools and pc's in the shed. The shed has a light metal/ aluminium roof, and single block exterior walls. There is some visible dampness, but I suspect that this is due to the roof not being fully nailed down at the edges. I understand I need to insulate the walls, but how? Do I nail 2 X 1 to the wall, then apply a layer of plastic, then the insulation, then my wall finish? I've tried asking builders etc, but well over here they charge an arm and a leg, and then mighten even turn up. I can't afford the time wasters as the baby won't wait, therefore 2 friends and I are gonna do it. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks, Joe.

Sponsored Links
Just an opinion, I'd fix the point where you're getting damp in first off. If all you're trying to do is keep things dry then just an interior skin of wooden cladding would be OK. You can look at putting polythene sheet in (the floor would be a good place) but you've got to let the structure and the contents breathe otherwise you'll suffer from condensation.

You only need to put insulation in if you're trying to keep heat in. If you want to go down that route then I'd use polystyrene sheets between the exterior wall and the interior skin. Still wouldn't use plastic sheet though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back