Insulating a Shed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am buying a shed to put my model railway in. Since I will be in there a lot, I was thinking about what to do for insulation. For the walls I thought of just getting loft insulation and putting it in between the batons on the walls, then screwing hardboard on top of that. Then for the roof, I have no idea as it is a sloping roof not a pitched roof.

Please post whether or not you think my idea for wall insulation is any good and what I should do for the roof. Oh yeah, and I read you should insulate the floor as well, if so what should this be done with?

Please note that I am a DIY novice so I have no idea about any of the terminology.

Thanks,
Matt

Sponsored Links
Matty - quickest & easiest method is to use the type of insulation for loft rafters (the sloping timbers in the loft). This stuff is a bit like 'silver' quilting and can be stapled to the inside surface of your shed - buy a staple tacker (& staples) at the same time as you get the insulation. Cut to size with scissors. Insulate the floor with a carpet remnant (cheap off-cut from the carpet shop).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back