Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been looking at a 1930s house that was built with solid rather than cavity walls. Some 5 years or so ago the owner had the external walls treated by a company called Rockex-HP. I have no idea how useful (or useless) such a treatment was. What concerns me is the extent to which it may have damaged or have potential to damage the walls.

The house also has spray insulation on the underside of the roofing tiles (as well as insulation on the floor of the loft) and I noted that the damp course at the back of the house is compromised by a patio that is too high, and probably also by the floor of a conservatory.

Apologies for being a cheapskate and trying to take advantage of the expertise here - but I don't want to pay out for a survey if what I have just described amounts to really obvious problems.

Sponsored Links
I assume the Rockex-HP product was purely to protect from the weather rather than offer any thermal advantages.
I would contact them as they usually offer a 25yr warranty/guarantee, to ascertain what has been done and what this coating/product does.
With regards to DPC you are already aware that this is not satisfactory.

Sponsored Links
Thank you. That's mor eor less what I feared. New roof, probable damp at back plus new bathroom and kitchen required = walk away.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back