Integral DCV in bibtap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Regs are that bib taps with integrated check valves are not allowed in new installations and that a separate DCV must be fitted.
Does anybody know why this is the case as I can't see why this reg has been brought in. :?:
My thinking is that the integrated tap will give the neccessary protection against back siphonage. :confused:

Sponsored Links
I think it's just that the tap could be changed for a normal one, maybe so their hose squirts further. Nobody's going to alter the plumbing.

I think its because they are usually outside and can freeze up and damage the NRV.

I know of two normal bib taps indoors over basins which were required to be changed to the integral NRV ones.

Reason given in this case was because a hose could be connected and put anywhere and back siphonage could occur.

Tony Glazier

Sponsored Links
Agree with agile.

latest regs......DCV to be within the thermal envelope of the building.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back