Integrated Dishwasher Decor Panel has come off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello everyone

The decor panel of my Baumatic BHD6 integrated dishwasher has come off.

The panel (veneered chipboard) seems flimsily fixed on with screws from the inside of the dishwasher door. Original installer didn't fit brackets or clips or anything. Apparently it's meant to have clips, but there's none here. Baumatic spares dept want £22 PER CLIP :eek: , that's clearly a non starter, so am going to have to improvise somehow!

My first attempt to fix up the panel was by filling the 'bored out' holes with wood filler. The bottom set of holes were in a worse state, so I tried to simply reinforce those two with square cut out bits of thin bendy metal from a tin container, like a repair plate. This lasted a few months, but the door has come off again.

Any advice please on how I could repair the door panel better?

Also anyone know any general sort of repair plates I could use for this a bit like these but without the lip - needs to be flat, fairly thin & able to grip the screw going in, like a flat nut? (sorry not good with the lingo :oops: )

Richard

Sponsored Links
Hi, is it not possible to silicone the decor panel to the front of the dishwasher? that is if it is fixed to the front of the machine

Or

You could buy paino hinge and fix the decor panel to the cupboard carcus.

A picture wolud help.

Andy

Thanks for your reply. Yes actually I debated about adding a picture! Sorry for lack of it :oops:

Would silicone'ing the decor panel to the front of the D/W mean effectively gluing it on? If so then I might consider that ... but need to be able to re-use the panel cleanly in case the appliance fails & requires replacement, which, given its age & general condition, could happen anytime over next couple of years I guess. Though I might have sold the apartment by then, so who knows.

As it happens after receiving no replies prior to yours, I bit the bullet just this afternoon, dug out the wood filler (which, hmm, actually felt a bit more solid than I remembered, although it scraped out in a powdery way) and have slung in some Timbabuild EHB (2-part epoxy thing I already had from a windowframe fixup), in the hope that this may give a stronger, more resilient and longer lasting bite for the screws.

24Hr cure, then sand down & refit ... not 100% convinced on this, but nothing ventured, etc.

Sponsored Links
Depending on panel design you could invert it or repair holes with car body filler, repair will be stronger than the rest of the door.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back