Integrated fridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I am planning to make cupboard for the fridge. I would like doors of the fridge will be opening together with doors of the cupboard. Could anyone please tell what mechanism should i use and where can i get it from?
Thank you

Sponsored Links
You need a fridge that is compatible with this. So you might have to buy a new fridge.

i have to agree with previous post :cry: integrated fridges (so i am told)have a "special front" in that it is designed to have hinges screwed to it, it may rip an ordiniry fridge door apart over time

Sponsored Links
Agree with the above two posts, an integrated fridge will come with all the hardware that you need.

It is not a good idea to enclose a standard fridge as it will not get sufficient air to cool it and will run very inefficiently. Plus the fact that you will need a cabinet deeper than the usual 570 + door.

Jason

Jasonb said:
It is not a good idea to enclose a standard fridge as it will not get sufficient air to cool it and will run very inefficiently.
Also will need a air-vent cover on the bottom plinth and vented at the back to the top, as jason's said the integrated fridge type do have a very short life compare to a free standing fridge.
romchik said:
Could anyone please tell what mechanism should i use and where can i get it from?
The stupid thing is, that they are so simple how they works. If you pop down to a MFI showroom and have a look to see how they works, they have one short sliding runner and a small hook upside down. Tell them you have a MFI kitchen and need to order a couple more and they can order one for you, may take a while though.

They don't all work that way, using standard hinges and the plastic strips. Some such as Neff have the kitchen door fixed directly to the fridge door, this has the advantage of allowing the fridge to take up the full 600 space as opposed to going into a 564 internalcarcase space with a gap down the side to clear the hinges, so you get more fridge capacity.

Jason

Yes you're correct, I think you're talking about the free standing 600mm fridge and not the integrated fridge type but I got a feeling that romchik is going to make the housing to suit the fridge ? if that so, my integrated fridge mechanism hinge will fit any fridge door that can go inside the 600mm housing unit. If romchik has a 600mm wide fridge then the front door cover would have to be wider but the mechanism will still works. If the door cover fix directly onto the fridge door then you shouldn't need the mechanism runner.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back