Interior wall getting wet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
My interior wall where the double glazing is attached has started getting damp , i was wondering if the damp is getting in between the wall and the double glazing as there is a small gap on the front of the double glazing , I have attached pictures of interior and exterior

Attachments

• IMG_2514.jpg
    IMG_2514.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_2513.jpg
    IMG_2513.jpg
    207.4 KB · Views: 138
Sponsored Links
Why is the glass and frame wet? I would peel off that loose trim and investigate whats behind it, its likely a void otherwise the trim wouldn't be there, any voids need foaming up

HI crank39
Glass and frame was was condensation as heating was on and it was clod outside, I went to suck it up with Kaercher window but it was dead so I just wiped with cloth hence a bit of water left.
So basically I need to take the trim off and if any voids put foam in the re-apply the trim. it looks as I have more windows the same as well , any particular foam ?
thanks

if there's a gap but I can't get foam in , do I just silicone the edges then put the trim back

Sponsored Links
Yes, seal the window as though there was no trim there then squidge the trim onto the wet silicone and then fine seal the trim to window

Took the trim off another window on the ground floor thats the same as the other one with trim coming off and there's a 1 inch gap between window frame and brick all the way around, surely they should have put expanded foam in it when they installed it. photo attached
so far I have put foam around it and will put trim on tomorrow, just another 5 windows to go

Attachments

• IMG_2515.jpeg
    IMG_2515.jpeg
    264 KB · Views: 111

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back