Intermediate dimmer?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there such a thing as an intermediate dimmer switch?

Also is it possible to wire a 3 way lighting circuit using 2 way switches? i.e. without an intermediate unit in the middle? If so how can it be done?
I know I know...... why not just use an intermediate unit but just humour me. I cant think of a way but curious if there is one.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
No such thing as an intermediate dimmer. You need to put the dimmer at one of the ends of the circuit.

To remove the intermediate position, remove the wires from the wall into the floor /roof spcae and join the 3 wires & cpc.

Sponsored Links
TLC sell varilight dimmers. (Other suppliers and makes are available) Clicky which might help you. There is no distinction between 2 way / intermediate with these, they all have 3 terminals which are daisy chained together between switches.

Not compatible with normal switches so you have to replace all the switches for that light. (One needs to be a master and the rest slaves)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back