intermittent fault with diverter valve HS3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My heating system has an intermittent problem, whereby every few months, i get stone cold radiators, as the diverter valve (danfoss HS3) seems to only go to hot water, and when the water is hot enough, the boiler cuts out & thermostat goes off...with no heating.

Last October i powerflushed the radiators & replaced the diverter valve, and all was working fine.

However, last week i got the boiler serviced (an old camray compact, oil fired boiler), and the following day i got the problem back again.

If i force the valve onto heating, the radiators warm up, and then the system seems to work again for a while - but the new valve has demonstrated this problem twice in the last week, since the boiler service.

The boiler man is saying it's nothing to do with him, as it is a heating system problem not a boiler problem....but as i don't have a wiring diagram of the whole system, and cannot get hold of any from danfoss etc., i need some help to diagnose the problem.

The new HS3 valve did not exactly match the number & colour of wires in the original valve, so we had to guess...but as it worked ok for the last 3 months, it seemed it was ok.
It is wired into a danfoss junction box WB12.

So, what i need to know is, is it likely the new diverter valve is also faulty, or is there an underlying problem elsewhere?
Any assistance with the wiring for the danfoss WB12 junction box would be useful, as would any help on the wiring for the whole system / help or ideas on the problem & resolution.

I live near Ely, Cambs, so if anyone feels they could fix the problem, i would pay you to do this :)

Thanks,
Carol

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back