intermittent flame failure main combi 24 he

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys.
my fault finding is pretty basic, so usually stick to installing but usually post on here before/if i attempt a repair to save myself losing a fortune ,haha.so any experience always welcome.
anyway... intermittent flame failure on DHW and heating as reported by my mate. when i went today reset would not get it to fire as it had been doing for mate but he has not tried it within the last month as he works away so it is no longer intermittent.
Pump runs,fan spins strongly, i removed the clear pressure switch tube from the fan venturi and gently sucked.the pressure switch clicked but sounded a tad 'spongey" rather than the usual crisp click that other makes usually sound.no attempt is made at ignition.there is gas at the inlet on the valve,no signs of resistor burn out on the board but i did notice the condense trap was completely dry.i thought this strange as it does not look to have leaked, rather dried up or evaporated.
anything obvious to you guys that ive overlooked or you need me check?
cheers
Brent

Sponsored Links
Sorry but this is a gas/combustion related problem.

You need to ask gas questions in the combustion chamber part of the forum where we can try to help you.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back