Potterto Performa 28 Flame Failure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello experts.
I would appreciate a little advice please.
I have read the other posts about this problem on this forum. Mine is also intermittent, could possibly be associated with windy days. Flame failure on fire-up using hot water and hot water + central heating settings. Also (not often) when the thing finally ignites, flame sometimes goes out & re-ignites. Inner chamber access panel seal appears OK. Fan comes on with good draught. Flue unobstructed. Idle water pressure increased from 1.5 to 2 BAR to no effect. Reset switch used no effect. Beginning to suspect Air pressure switch. Is there an easy way to prove diagnosis? anything more complicated I will leave for a professional, but as intermittent problem need to try to localise down a bit.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
you need a RGI when removing combustion seals/panels.

I feel you need an RGI in to service thoroughly and check/set the minimum and maximum burner pressures.

I've had several with this fault that have just had the minimum setting drop way out of adjustment.

If HW is usually ok then it points to this problem.

Sponsored Links
What fault lights are coming on when it fails to come on

Many thanks, I only have one indicator light for "flame failure" (no clues there then). The trouble is the problem is intermittent, and whenever an engineer turns up it's working OK. The unit has been "serviced" (ie someone took the cover off & looked inside.) Maybe have to wait for complete failure I guess, which will probably be Christmas eve again - as with our previous!.

I feel you need an RGI in to service thoroughly and check/set the minimum and maximum burner pressures.

I've had several with this fault that have just had the minimum setting drop way out of adjustment.

If HW is usually ok then it points to this problem.

Thanks Dave, will print off this reply & point visiting engineer this way. It does sound like this could be the fault esp if Pottertons are prone to this happening. The thing has been well behaved for the past 2 years.

Chris.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back