Intermittent heating and now hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We own a 2004 build with icos ideal boiler and oso hot water tank, we moved in last summer. We have noticed sometimes the central heating isn't on when expected.

We have a honeywell room stat. If we check to boiler it shows no call to be on. If we turn down then up the stat, the boiler usually kicks in just fine albeit with our intervention.

The boiler gets serviced annually and was just commented on by an engineer as a "really clean example, will be good for years". I therefore assumed the problem was with the stat.

Yesterday morning we had little more than warm water in the taps. I hit boost on the water and the boiler kicked right in. It is supposedly timed to go on early each am.

I'm now unsure what the problem might be. Any guesses that I could get looked at? Don't really want to call someone in yet without narrowing it down!

Thanks you.

Sponsored Links
None. Boiler fires up fine most of the time. Feels like it's not being told to fire up perhaps but I don't know what would.

Sponsored Links
This pm again heating light came on the timer and thermostat said to come on but boiler registered no instruction to action. Puzzle...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back