Intermittent heating with ideal nf50 sealed system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone help please!
I have spent all day diagnosing why my heating doesn't come on.
Turn up room stat until it clicks- yep
Look at boiler- led comes on for power to boiler- yep - so I know that room stat and external controls all ok.
Downloaded ideal fault finder flow diagram and followed it.
Overheat feed ok- yep
Power out of pcb for pressure valve- no.
Switch boiler on and off a couple of times, power returns at pressure switch, switch switches and boiler fires- works fine until it decides to cut out( does this before desired temp reached most of the time).
Fan is ok and I know that as soon as pcb sees pressure switch ok it fires.
So i'm guessing pcb.
Remove, check all connections and condition- ok (flow diagram suggests pcb at this point but I'm not convinced).
Found both 2 way motorised valves in airing cupboard. Looked at the one that looks like it controls heating( is there 1 for heating and 1 for water?)
Removed cover and spotted lower return spring detached. Motor feels like its running.
I'm going to replace it tomorrow as a matter of course and see what happens so my questions are....
Have I found the culprit ? And....
How do I drain down my tank and refill? Found a tap on a flexi pipe (cold supply). Do I turn off tap and run the bath until it stops?
Once valve is fitted how do I refill and bleed tank and heating?
Hope this all makes sense?!?!
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back