Intermittent suprima 60 lockout problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi- I have a suprima 60 fitted with the latest PCB kit about 3 years ago. Recently, and more so at the end of the day, the boiler has started to go into lockout.(Red light on constant) As soon as I press reset it is ok again. This intermittent fault is now happening at least every other day. As my Mum has the same boiler I have swapped PCB with hers to see if that is the problem. Mine works fine on her boiler but I still get lockout on my boiler with hers fitted which suggest it is not the PCB. I have also renewed the electrode and set the gap correctly as well as renewing the Thermistor and the Overheat stat to no avail. I can't think what else could cause this other than a problem in the wiring harness.

Any ideas?

Mick

Sponsored Links
The two things I am thinking is that you need an RGI and probably did not replace the thermister correctly.

I would also be asking you to measure the flow and return temperatures around the time it usually locks out. You do that outside the combustion chamber which should only be opened by an RGI !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hi Tony

I completed an apprenticeship as an industrial heating engineer (big boilers)30 years ago and then changed career so I am generally competent around boilers and gas valves although I am not up to date on current heating technologies. I did fit this boiler myself 10 years ago

Can you advise how I can have replaced the thermister incorrectly as it appears to be a simple fit for the probe to locate into the hole and the plastic body to clip into the fitting

Can you also please advise how I can measure the flow and return temperature when the boiler is in lockout. Do I need to obtain gauges? Are you thinking that the pump or 3 port valve could be causing the problem?

Mick

Sorry - One more thing . When the boiler goes into lockout the Red light is flashing rather than staying on as I stated in my earlier message

Mick

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back