Alpha intermittent fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a alpha he cb25 going to lockout ( led A red light. Constant ) when starting from cold once a day, when reset works ok. Have changed, pcb, ignition electrode , flame sensing electrode and lead from gas valve to pcb boiler still got intermittent fault from cold , help

Sponsored Links
Got a alpha he cb25 going to lockout ( led A red light. Constant ) when starting from cold once a day, when reset works ok. Have changed, pcb, ignition electrode , flame sensing electrode and lead from gas valve to pcb boiler still got intermittent fault from cold , help

You have changed a lot of parts! On whose advice did you change them?

Is your gas meter fitted outside?

If you stop your boiler starting and turn on ALL the hob burners on your gas cooker first then does it still lockout?

Doing that will usually stop a sticking meter governor when cold.

Regardless they are changed free by Nat Grid Transco or whoever your shipper is.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Some one before me changed pcb & ignition and won't go back, I changed lead from pcb to gas valve alpha said resistance should be the same which ever way round you test and it wasn't next same fault so I changed flame sen cing electrode asked edf to check gas gov they said it wont be sticking and won't check it still have same problem thanks john

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back