internal door frame question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My kitchen door is 27 inches wide but we are changing the doors. We have seen doors that we like but they are 30 inches wide and aren't available at 27 inch.....my idea was to buy a wider door fame kit from b&q.........is it just a a case of widening the door frame by 3 inch and fit the new kit or are there lintils fitted above doors?........our walls are brick and plaster rather than plaster board

Sponsored Links
My kitchen door is 27 inches wide but we are changing the doors. We have seen doors that we like but they are 30 inches wide and aren't available at 27 inch.....my idea was to buy a wider door fame kit from b&q.........is it just a a case of widening the door frame by 3 inch and fit the new kit or are there lintils fitted above doors?........our walls are brick and plaster rather than plaster board

You can't just widen the aperture without hacking brick out, and yes, there will be a lintel. It's not really practical. I'd suggest finding a door that fits.

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back