Internal firedoor spec

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to put an internal door from my house into my garage. I believe that this may need to meet certain UK building (Fire) regulations. Does anyone have any details of what the spec should be and also whether I need to have a special frame. :confused:

Sponsored Links
Is this door opening already there or are you going to put one in ?

You will need to install a Fire Door Casing and a 1/2 hour Fire Check Door and fit the smoke seal or intumescent strips in the rebate in the casing. I am also pretty certain that a Door Closer may be needed so the door will shut automatically.

And the garage floor must be lower from the house floor level, it was 100mm when I last done one.

Sponsored Links
DAZB said:
You will need to install a Fire Door Casing and a 1/2 hour Fire Check Door and fit the smoke seal or intumescent strips in the rebate in the casing. I am also pretty certain that a Door Closer may be needed so the door will shut automatically.

Cheers DAZB just the info I needed

masona said:
And the garage floor must be lower from the house floor level, it was 100mm when I last done one.

Thanks Masona, I hadn't thought about that but yes the garage floor is lower than the main floor :D

pretty sure building control will ask for a 1hr fire door in this situation

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back