Internal sink to waste question about what pieces I need

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting an kitchen 1.5 sink, the supplied fitting ends with a G1-1/2 pointing downwards. I want to turn to horizontal to leave as much room for the drawers below. then after that I do not have much drop available to the 40mm stub I need to attach to. what fittings do I need to go from threaded to an immediate 90 to horizontal(ish) ?

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about the basket waste that fits into the waste hole of the sink? If so then you need to get a 11/2 bowl sink waste and trap kit.

Something similar to this

1713884766987.png

As far as the shelves are concerned -presume it's going into a normal kitchen cabinet? Then you have to work round the trap setup, not the other way about.

Well the sink comes with waste fittings that take all the pipes down to a single G1-1/2 threaded connection, looking at screwfix, toolstation and googling some of the plumbers merchants I do not see anything suitable, I found one close to what I need but the minimum drop was about 200mm, I need close to half that if possible. The top shelf will be a blanking plate, that is fine, this one is close, but a bit more minimum drop than I would like:

What I need is the top left bit connecting to a p-trap, that it, I dont need the rest. If I can do that second drawer can be normal depth.

If I throw away one of the arms and the middle bit too, this one MIGHT work?
https://www.tradingdepot.co.uk/blanco-plumbing-kit-for-1-5-or-2-bowl-sink-blbfk006

, still a lot of waste bits of plastic to throw away.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back