Internal Walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
First Post(prob first of many)....Hello all ;)
Basically im in the middle of renovating my new home,i have 3 internal walls that i need to build.All walls are non load bearing and id like to do them in concrete block(not fussed on stud walls).I would like to know if there is any problems with this,as the walls would be straight runs.I will use furfix to tie them to the outer skin and if possible i would like to cut out and tie them to the inner walls(or is that over kill?)...any info would be gratefully appreciated...cheers

Gaz

Sponsored Links
I'd just use furfix myself mate and go for lightweight concrete blocks, if your not a bricklayer, just take your time and build maybe 4 courses at a time and let it go off, will be easier to keep plumb. Put dpc down first

Thx for the reply pal.
I am actually a qualified bricklayer lol,but ive never worked on site,only in the steel works as a refractory brickie.I have no problem laying blocks/bricks just not sure about what i can get away with,if you know what i mean.I was just gonna stick the walls up,but i started reading on here and ppl were on about new footings etc....made have a rethink lol

Sponsored Links
I suppose it depends on whether your foundations can take the weight (is it a slab or strip foundations).

Won't matter with timber partition walls because they don't weigh much.

As said above check your floor construction.. even lightweight block weigh a fair amount when piled 2.7m high.. If you have timber floor then you need to start getting your brain around digging footings for the wall..or adding a beam to support the load..

Thx again for the replies lads.....the house was built in the 1940's so im not sure,its def concrete floor tho lol.Two walls have been knocked down and moved,by the previous owner,i will be putting these back in there orignal place.Perhaps i should just stud it,save the worries....thx again

Gazz

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back