Internal wood colours advice!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I have natural floorboards upstairs which I want to keep, so just wondered if the house would look better with all the skirting, doors and door frames also kept natural or stained white to match the white coving? The lounge has dark wood effect laminate, so would it be better to make all the woodwork dark or white downstairs? I was just going to do everything white, but thought it may look a bit mismatch with the floors?? Thanks in advance :)

Sponsored Links
Personally, I feel you should keep the skirting and doors etc white. You don't want to draw too much attention to them especially when you have a beautiful timber floor.

Sponsored Links
But downstairs he hasn't....

I'm a fan of white skirting and architrave against wooden floors; all bare wood is a bit much; perhaps more contentiously I'm also in favour of stripped pine doors.

I agree, lose the laminate ;)

Cheers
Richard

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back