Interpretation of New SB Requirements

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I’m a little confused about the new supplementary bonding requirements in the 17th

“Supplementary Bonding between metallic services and waste pipes and the earth connection of equipment is no longer required providing the main bonding of services within the property is in place and the metallic pipework can be proved by testing to be continuous.”

So does this mean if there’s a mixture of plastic and metallic pipework and it’s proved not to be continuous SB is still required?

Sponsored Links
Will that draft regulation make the finished document?

According to the ECA's current summary document it's in.

I do hope my interpretation is wrong otherwise we're going back to cross bonding plastic tanks and pushfit joints. :confused:

Sponsored Links
I read that as..

"you don't have to SB a bathroom anymore as long as the main bonds are in place, and that the pipes are all metal"

so if you have the situation where the water to the bathroom is in plastic, but copper in the bathroom then you need to SB..?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back