Intesa Boiler - constantly turning on and off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have an Intesa gas combi boiler model TP 23 - G.C. number - 47-116-32. I had it installed about a year ago, and since it's been installed, whenever we turn the heating on or the DHW, the boiler will come on for 3-5 seconds, then click off of about 3-5 seconds, and constantly do this. The radiators and hot water eventually do warm up, it takes a while though. I've had the people that installed it out and the boiler manufacturer about 2 or 3 times and they tell me "this is perfectly normal". It wouldn't be so bad, but the boiler is in a cupboard in our bedroom, and drives me crazy keeping me awake popping on and off every 5 seconds all the time ! This is the first time I've lived in a house with gas, so I don't know, is this "perfectly normal", or can anyone tell me what it could be, so I could tell the boiler people before the warranty expires.
Thanks for your help.

Sponsored Links
No doesn't sound right, but I can't give you a magic answser. I have a question though, why do you need heating on when you are asleep? Save energy and snuggle into the quilt.

i've never heard of an intesa before and I will be surprised if more than a handfull of us have.

Condition is known as shunting and most manufacturers try to avoid this to increase the life of the gas valve

Without seeing the boiler or any info on it I could only suggest one of the following possible causes to start with.

Got any dripping taps or leaks on your hot water system?
thermistor .... Ill play my joker on that one
Flame sensor/s pcb
Air pressure switch /venturi /fan /flue problem
Burner pressure not set to manufacturers instructions
Is there an adequte flow rate of water going through your boiler?

I can't find any online support or suppliers of spare parts for these boilers so it would suggest that investing in it was not one of your better ideas especially if the installer/ suppliers cannot fathom the problem:!: :!: :!:

I'm usually the last man standing when it comes to keeping an existing boiler working but I'm really tempted to say get rid in this case.

I believe the boiler is made by Ariston, The info I have is INTESA 23 TP MFFI combi Boiler.

Sponsored Links
It does not sound correct but to disagree with the manufacturers would mean needing a second professional opinion.

The Intessa is a branded Ariston for sale through certain merchants chains. Nothing wrong with that and its a standard boiler apart from the name on the front.

Tony

It's an Aristonm Microgenus II rebadged for City Plumbing.

A great boiler for the local Ariston repair guy. Our one is so busy he just has to turn his phone on 1/2 hr a week and he's fully booked (or so I was told by a guy in pts). I often see him in the same cafe at lunch time, he looks run off his feet. Conversation went along the lines of, if you are going to go for a service contract make sure it's for boilers that go wrong a lot.

Nice one,

well there's a few of the guys go to the same greasy Joe's, the local Halstead independent goes there too. I only go very rarely.Can't afford the early heart attack.

Yes - Rebadged and the makers guarantee reduced to 12 months from 24 months. If you want a reliable boiler look for one that the manufacturers feel happy to guarantee for 3 years. They have eliminated the problems to survive in the trade.

Course if you want the repair work look for short or selective guarantees. :evil:

Hello Stuart. I'm having the same problem with my Ariston (Intesa). Did you manage to solve the problem? Got someone looking at mine this weekend.

gareth, have you had any joy with getting yours repaired. our red light comes on a lot and also thw water goes cold a lot when having a shower

please note forum rules, general information, item K

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back