Intruder alarm and CTTV.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am wanting to install a system that would have intruder alarms and CCTV to my PC or independant hard drive.
The system would cover a semi-detached house and include a detached garage, in the dwelling would ideally prefer to have a wired system, but with the garage being detached, would it be possible to have an interlinked RF set up for that building.
Any suggestion on design, products and dealing with detached garage would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Keep the intruder and cctv separate. You can link together if required. A Honeywell hybrid panel like the g2-12 with an RF portal and IP module will probably be your cheapest solution with quality equipment. The portal will enable an RF dual tec sensor to be placed in the garage. The IP module will allow low cost self monitoring for sms/e-mail/voice events sent to your PC.

Sponsored Links
couldn't find a g2-12 as you have described a link to the product/products would be appreciated.
Come across
this
also this
these
and these
Thoughts...

The first link didn't work for me, but I think you listed a Flex. I would recommend that you step up to a Galaxy Dimension over the Flex. The Flex isn't as good as the Dimension.

The G2-12 is the cheapest. There are also G2-20 and G2-44 versions that support more zones than 12, but are more expensive. You need a keyprox LCD keypad and a C079 RF portal to go with this.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ADE-Honey...1104?pt=UK_Burglar_Alarms&hash=item461fad4a10

Search ebay for Galaxy Honeywell Ethernet to find the low cost Ethernet module.

The IR8 are fine for in the house. There are pet versions of these too. You want the dual technology version for the garage. They're a little more expensive in the wireless format.

As per Sparky Mark, if you have pets, then you need to get the best sensor. If it's cat/s, then forget PIR's in the rooms they have access to.

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back