Inulation for solid walled house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a old terrace house built in about 1850 with solid walls.
I was wondering if there was any other forms of insulation available other than putting up a partition wall along side the walls which is out of the question as the rooms are small enough now
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Theres external cladding
or thermal plaster board that goes straight onto the wall without the battons i think it starts at about 38mm thick and knauff does it( i think)

the external method is expensive, and IMO looks a bit odd in most cases. if the house is pebbledashed or rendered, and need doing again, then it would be worth considering. I have seen it done in Switzerland, applied from new on a house of RC shell construction, and it was quick and looked OK. The part of the house below head height was not done this way as it is easily damaged by impact.

p.s. as you have a Terraced house, losses through the walls wil not be a big proportion of your heating costs. Concentrate on the roof insulation and draughtproofing, it will save you more money.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back