Ionic/de-odourising paint in the UK?

Sponsored Links
I can tell you from reading the first paragraph of that link, that it's a bunch of twaddle.

About the only way to get rid of such smells is to remove or clean the source.

Absolute nonsense IMO. How can a powder that essentially becomes locked into a cured paint possibly affect the quality of the air or reduce odours? :confused:
Maybe in scientifically controlled circumstances there would be some minor differences to the atmosphere, which would allow the product to be sold as such, but in reality I can't see it making any difference whatsoever.

I can't imagine many shops/merchants with paint mixing facilities would be too obliging in adding this kind of thing to their products and then ensuring it has run on the shaker for long enough to be mixed correctly. If it isn't mixed in correctly then the manufacturers would blame you if it didn't work (easy get out for them). Any paint additives that I have used have always been my responsibility, mixed in by myself and never by the merchant. On top of that, the additive is more than likely to void any product guarantee of the paint which it is added to.

I've never seen or heard of anything like that in this country so, at a price of £20 per sachet, plus whatever shipping costs, import taxes and duties, etc., are added, I would rather save my money. Also, if this kind of product did work, I would imagine the EU would be making it mandatory to be incorporated into all of our paints by now - they seem to have done everything else to it!! :evil:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies guys. I will avoid this product and remove the smells in other ways :)

thanks again

g

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back