IP56 outside socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , can anyone advise me on which socket I need , 1 gang unswitched , 2 gang unswitched or 2 gang switched?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
What are you going to use it for ? That would help to decide if it needs to be one or two sockets. Switched is best as you can turn it off before pulling out the plug which will NOT be IP65 when you are holding it.

You will of course be installing the electric supply to the socket(s) properly and correctly in order to ensure ( as far as possible ) that use of any equipment fed from the socket will not create a risk of electrocution or other danger to people or property.

is is surface mounted??

1 gang vs 2 gang stands if it is for a single build in box, or for a double build in box.

I would go as it is for garden stuff with a double ip65 rcd one surface mounted,

and as said before, if you can get it in the ring, perfect / better

Sponsored Links
Hi , can anyone advise me on which socket I need , 1 gang unswitched , 2 gang unswitched or 2 gang switched?
crystalballlg.jpg

It is for general garden use
When you apply for Building Regulations approval, what do you plan to say will be the way you'll ensure compliance with P1?

You told him to use an RCD socket - why would you do that if the circuit already had an RCD?

You must know things that we don't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back