iPhone USB lead

There was an article in the news about cheap phones chargers not long back, to save me linking to every site just google 'iphone chargers exploding' :eek: :confused:

The £1 thingy from Poundland was not a charger , it was the USB - iPhone lead.

But for £15 from CPW you were getting a charger as well, not just a lead so not really comparing apples with apples are we

Yes we are comparing Apples with Apples. The £15 price from Carphone Warehouse was just for the Lead.

Well in that case please accept my apologies, £15 for a cable is taking the P, although looking at it any USB to micro USB lead would work so why people think they need apple leads is beyond me, having said that i bet your £1 lead fails before a better quality one does

Well, yes it ought to were it not for another of Apple's 'thou mustest only buy Apple products' philosophy.

As someone has already mentioned, 'any USB to micro-USB lead' won't work simply because Apple phones require their own (much wider) plug. As far as I know, everyone else uses micro-USB.

Sponsored Links
What gets me when I see the scruffy out of work scroats in poundland buying these leads etc - is how the heck they can afford an iphone 5 in the first place.

I cant.

People say the quality will be crap, but I rarely have a poundland cable fail - the ordinary USB ones work fine.

Err....They may not have one at all.

They may be snapping them up at a quid to sell on at a profit somewhere between £1 and £15.

And I rather take exception to "scruffy out of work scroats".

For the majority of the time I was off on long term sick before I was forced into ill-health retirement, I was on zero pay (with a small allowance of ESA), so luxuries like new clothes and shoes went out of the window.

Never judge a book by its cover.

Sponsored Links
All apple products are a massive rip off and proprietary. Its not even as if they develop their own OS. Having given up on that years ago. Sure they're nicely made (by a kid in the third world) but functionally nothing to shout about. And yes lets dispel the myth, there are viruses that attack Macs.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Yes we are comparing Apples with Apples. The £15 price from Carphone Warehouse was just for the Lead.

Well in that case please accept my apologies, £15 for a cable is taking the P, although looking at it any USB to micro USB lead would work so why people think they need apple leads is beyond me, having said that i bet your £1 lead fails before a better quality one does[/quote]

Fair point , but hey at £1 a shot - who cares !!!!!

AT&T Bell laboratories if memory serves. Although I think its based on Free BSD unix.

*sigh*

Please do a little research, perhaps actually look at the code. Then consider all the stuff on top of it which isn't available. Apple do develop their own OS, and, despite the fact that I absolutely hate using it.. they do a very good job of it.

AT&T Bell laboratories if memory serves. Although I think its based on Free BSD unix.

*sigh*

Please do a little research, perhaps actually look at the code. Then consider all the stuff on top of it which isn't available. Apple do develop their own OS, and, despite the fact that I absolutely hate using it.. they do a very good job of it.

not really no...

*sigh*

not really no...

Not really what? They don't develop their own OS? What do you call all that code? Please don't say other people wrote it, because there is a great deal of it and it doesn't just get left untouched until eternity.

Not a good job? Please elaborate, because it's a pretty damn robust and feature complete OS with a great deal more thought put into it than most. I despise the UI, but I respect the engineering.

*sigh*

not really no...

Not really what? They don't develop their own OS? What do you call all that code? Please don't say other people wrote it, because there is a great deal of it and it doesn't just get left untouched until eternity.

Not a good job? Please elaborate, because it's a pretty damn robust and feature complete OS with a great deal more thought put into it than most. I despise the UI, but I respect the engineering.

no.. it's an ok presentation layer based on a free BSD Kernel.

Sponsored Links
Back