Iran football manager

Thank you, case closed.

I didn't spend 40 years defending or hiding the truth about Savile, that was the BBC, why so keen to defend them?, and why try to deflect by inferring he was 'only loved by right wingers'?, **** me that's a hell of a curious attempt to defend a darling of the BBC who as we know, are not generally renowned for their 'right wingery'.

Curious, I'm almost looking forward to your response.
If you go looking for realistic complaints about the Beeb you will find that the right think they are left biased and the left think they are right biased. In my mind that makes them pretty consistent.

I don't support or complain about the BBC, nor any other media source. So feel free to label me as you wish. I'm not the 1 that takes figures from the Express without understanding the make-up of them. The easily fooled do that. You know, people like yourself. As you continually prove.

Once more, for clarity. Only the easily fooled!

Sponsored Links
If you want genuine complaints to Ofcom, try this

Ofcom's 10 most-complained about single transmission programmes:​

1. Good Morning Britain: 8 March 2021 -Comments by Piers Morgan about the Duchess of Sussex's reference to feeling suicidal - 54,453.
  2. Britain's Got Talent: 5 September 2020 - Objections to performance by Diversity on 5 September referencing Black Lives Matter - 25,017.
  3. I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! - Welfare of animals used in trials on the show - 11,516.
  4. Britain's Got Talent: 19 September 2020 - Alesha Dixon wearing a necklace with the initials "BLM" being offensive and not suitable for a non-political show - 2,565.
  5. Britain's Got Talent: 10 September 2020 - Objections to Nabil Abdulrashid's performance on the grounds of finding it offensive - 2,253.
  6. Good Morning Britain - 15 April 2020 - Objections to Piers Morgan's manner of interviewing Helen Whateley MP - 2,017.
  7. Good Morning Britain - 22 April 2020 - Objections to Piers Morgan's manner of interviewing Helen Whateley MP - 1,334.
  8. Britain's Got Talent - 3 October 2020 - Objections to Nabil Abdulrashid's performance on the grounds of finding it offensive, and Amanda Holden's dress was too revealing, unsuitable for a family audience - 1,189.
  9. Good Morning Britain - 28 Aspril 2020 - Perceived bias / bullying from Piers Morgan when interviewing Victoria Atkin, MP - 1,178.
  10. Good Morning Britain - 26 November 2020 - Disputed Rishi Sunak's claims that he had met with excluded UK leaders - 1,068.
Makes your claim pale a bit don't you think ?

Ofcom actually, posted in the Express. Whose data are you prepared to accept if it doesn't align with your lefty ideology?
Get over yourself. I'm not a lefty. See the post above yours. From ofcom

Sponsored Links
Is this article to back up your support or distance your unbiased support on the BBC?
Take it how you want.

do you think I support the BBC? Do you think I complain about them? Do you think I think they are much different to any other media ?

If you want genuine complaints to Ofcom, try this

Ofcom's 10 most-complained about single transmission programmes:​

1. Good Morning Britain: 8 March 2021 -Comments by Piers Morgan about the Duchess of Sussex's reference to feeling suicidal - 54,453.
  2. Britain's Got Talent: 5 September 2020 - Objections to performance by Diversity on 5 September referencing Black Lives Matter - 25,017.
  3. I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out of Here! - Welfare of animals used in trials on the show - 11,516.
  4. Britain's Got Talent: 19 September 2020 - Alesha Dixon wearing a necklace with the initials "BLM" being offensive and not suitable for a non-political show - 2,565.
  5. Britain's Got Talent: 10 September 2020 - Objections to Nabil Abdulrashid's performance on the grounds of finding it offensive - 2,253.
  6. Good Morning Britain - 15 April 2020 - Objections to Piers Morgan's manner of interviewing Helen Whateley MP - 2,017.
  7. Good Morning Britain - 22 April 2020 - Objections to Piers Morgan's manner of interviewing Helen Whateley MP - 1,334.
  8. Britain's Got Talent - 3 October 2020 - Objections to Nabil Abdulrashid's performance on the grounds of finding it offensive, and Amanda Holden's dress was too revealing, unsuitable for a family audience - 1,189.
  9. Good Morning Britain - 28 Aspril 2020 - Perceived bias / bullying from Piers Morgan when interviewing Victoria Atkin, MP - 1,178.
  10. Good Morning Britain - 26 November 2020 - Disputed Rishi Sunak's claims that he had met with excluded UK leaders - 1,068.
Makes your claim pale a bit don't you think ?
Piers M. will be so proud to have half the top ten and the #1 on that list of complaints. GMB will never top that again without his pugnacious mug on screen.

Back on the op...

During the press conference Queiroz reiterated the importance of press freedom but made it clear that he felt it was time for other managers to be asked about wider issues in the world, saying it was “strange” his rivals avoided such questions. Afterwards he took the BBC journalist to task before being shepherded out of the room. “Why don’t you ask the other coaches?” Queiroz said. “Why don’t you ask Southgate: ‘what do you think about England and the United States that left Afghanistan and all the women alone?’”

He has a point.

The Taliban had a dozen women flogged recently for the (alleged) offence of adultery yet i've not heard a peep from our sainted media about this - there's just so much inequality and human rights abuses around the world it feels like we're cherry-picking our crusades to suit a political agenda, and that's definitely beyond the England football manager's pay-grade.

BBC News - Iran football manager Queiroz confronts BBC's Shaimaa Khalil

Is this really fair of the BBC pressing for answers from a man who could be in fear for his or his family's lives?

No

The press did similar with that young lady from ahganistan that girl
Who the mad mullahs had shot on a bus for going to school

These fruit cakes need to consider the potential repercussions ??

I didn't spend 40 years defending or hiding the truth about Savile, that was the BBC, why so keen to defend them?, and why try to deflect by inferring he was 'only loved by right wingers'?, **** me that's a hell of a curious attempt to defend a darling of the BBC who as we know, are not generally renowned for their 'right wingery'.

Curious, I'm almost looking forward to your response.
The BBC, like any organisation, comprises individuals. I suspect when it comes to cases like Savile, much of the failures come down to various individuals protecting their career and/or not having enough actual evidence to go on. This was evident when watching people interviewed in subsequent years, you could almost sense their unease, possibly realising they put their career progression above doing anything. Can we all, hand on heart, say we might not do likewise? Btw, please note (before someone tries to say it) I am NOT defending anything that piece of scum did in typing the above.

Further, I'm also not convinced the same thing couldn't happen in any of the major tv channels. There could be a modern day Savile working right now for ITV, C4, C5 whoever. And maybe some people have their doubts about said person but have a career to protect and/or don't have the evidence.

It was interesting watching Katherine Ryan being interviewed by Louis Theroux recently. She mentioned calling someone out (to their face) for being a sexual predator I think during the recording of a tv panel show or something. The recording was stopped and obviously those bits didn't make the edit. According to Katherine, it is an open secret in their industry about this 'major name', however she doesn't want to mention them by name because of the possible legal consequences. As she said 'I have a mortgage that needs paid.' So, if true, that could be another Weinstein in the making and it might all come out years from now.

I think the way the BBC is funded is up for debate, however I can't get my head around people that call for its outright closure and refer to it as if it's some sort of horrendous blot on our media landscape. Be careful what you wish for is what I'd say on that front.

Sponsored Links
Back