IS A 22M 2 PORT MOTORISED VALVE SAME SIZE REGARDLESS OF MAKE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having hassle with my CH and unfortunately I have a drayton motorised valve on the CH part and a RANGE in the HOT PRESS controlling the DHW part.

Last Monday when I turned on the CH and later turned on the DHW only the rads got warm as well and I could not shut down the boiler, only way was to turn off at consumer unit. I assumed this was an electrical fault and called electrician, he showed me how to turn off in future if same happens by taking out fuse !! He then took off the actuator on the drayton valve in BH , looked at it and put it back on. He then checked wiring in HP, ie the sta on tank and a junction box on wall at back of hot tank, near the RANGE valve. Started system and it came on and off. So he charged me and left. Following day same problem rads get hot but now I can turn off at wall switch. I then did some reading and found a long article about that range model and how unreliable. I called plumber who had installed system and he called and said drayton valve was faulty and one in HOT press needed replacing as well. System is only 4 years old!! So today I rang drayton and was told to check spring in actuator, was told how to remove, open up etc. Result spring was broken, ie the little piece of plastic that held spring in place had snapped off! I was told how to fix it, used a small screw, tested it and no hot rads when calling for hot water. But that valve in HP will not switch off when hot tank reaches required temp but as it so unrelaible I am thinking of replacing it but dont want to drain down system. So can I get an actuator head other than RANGE or SUNVIC that I can install myself?

hope the above makes sense!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back