IS A COMBI BOILER SUITABLE

Sponsored Links
we don't bother with baths much, just showers so at the most there will be 2 showers on the go but then again theres the washer and dishwasher to take into account flushing toilet and running taps etc.. i guess this would make a combi a poor choice but i don't want the noise of tanks filling up in the loft :confused: i was only wanting to spend around 2 grand-ish

Assuming you have the water mains to cope (which may well be rash) a high output combi will do 2 showers together just about, as long as you learn not to use other drawoffs at the same time, and take steps to equalise the flows. Far more hassle that most users (and many plumbers) want to cope with.

To clean the system and install a good combi will swallow your budget, an electric shower would be another £200-300 fitted, depending...
A boiler plus unvented hot water whether a UV cylinder or thermal store, would cost a fair bit more, though check the cost of combined boiler/stores.

A new water main would probably cost several hundred.

LearnerPlumber said:
there is no reason why you can't pressurise the system as the last guy said, this involves doing away with the tanks
Absolute barking and dangerous nutter. Not a learner though - no sirree.

Sponsored Links
We are desperately trying to get you to take a more informed, intelligent approach.
"Fitted" can mean anything. If you "Fit" a new combi on a poor mains and a dirty system it won't work properly from day 1, and will be full of sludge, giving no HW at all, in 6 months.

Yes, and please try and research modern unvented or thermal storage hot water systems as either would seem to be more appropriate to your situation.

ok thanks got someone coming to have a look at replacing cylinder in cupboard with one that does not require tanks in the loft and new boiler if needed

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back