is a seperate module req'd for range cookers?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chaps,

Can anyone tell me if i need to hold a seperate accreditation for range cookers?, I currently hold CKR1 but I remember seeing range cookers as a seperate module?

Is this right...if so, why the need for a seperate module (apart from the obvious of increased gas consumption and more burners=probably more ventilation requirements?)

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
I only have CRK1 but me GSR cards says Cookers ADN range cookers

so your guess is as good as mine

:)

cheers corgiman,

Ill phone gas safe tech in mornin to be sure, but from the advise they have give me in the past ill not bank on em.

I think range means aga type ckr-blr-thingies, CBLA accreditation reqd.

Sponsored Links
There used to be a lot of confusion over what a range cooker is !

However, a year or so ago CORGI apparently clarified the situation as needing a seperate assesment if the cooker is connected to a flue !

However, I would argue that if you have boilers and cookers then there is no new technology involved.

Thats another thing that ARGI should have been working on !

Tony

According to gas safe if you have done ACS in the past 4 months and have cookers and boiler on your card you automatically get ranges too.

My mate queried this with gas safe as he keeps getting calls from customers with aga's / rayburns. He has never touched one before but they have put him down as being competant to do them :eek:

If you have standard cooker assessment AND CPA1 the flue gas analiser one range cookers is automatically added!

However, I would argue that if you have boilers and cookers then there is no new technology involved.
that just shows you haven't done the element or seen a range cooker with a forced draught burner. If you had you'd know that its reasonable to expect a seperate element.
To the OP. You only need the extra element if you wish to work on Flued range cookers. Not large cookers incorrectly marketed as "ranges".
Most of the assesment is based around the understanding and testing procedures for the forced draught burner. Although tbh there's few around, most just use a simple burner much like an OF boiler. and many custards prefer to buy refurbished old ones as opposed to fancy new ones.

that just shows you haven't done the element or seen a range cooker with a forced draught burner.

Are you suggesting that some range cookers use burners of a type which significantly differ form some boilers?

Tony

rayburn 400G is the only one I have seen in a home, there's a few more....In any case I've told you a fact, don't see what the point of the question is.

A nice glass of wine with dinner tonight tony?
Some witty repartee afterwards?

Pip Pip old pal !

A nice glass of wine with dinner tonight tony?
Some witty repartee afterwards?

Pip Pip old pal !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back