Is a Vaccum cleaner tax deductable?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im self employed joiner/ home imprvements / handyman .

I like to keep the job clean for the customers and was looking to invest in one of these re chargable dyson handheld vaccum cleaners.

The are £200.

Just wondering whether they are 100% tax deductable dont want to use my business account to pay for it if its not.

thanks

Sponsored Links
I was told by my accountant that mine (£60 vax wet/dry) is 100% deductable as I only use it for work purposes (heating eng).

Best to check with your accountant or a business forum if you dont use one.

Yes, of course it is. If you use it privately, you should apportion part to personal expense.In practice, it would be easy to show that it was business onl. You can also clim back VAT if you are registered.

Sponsored Links
Yes, I'm an accountant, and yes on the VAT but get a Vax - they are so much more reliable.

Yes, I'm an accountant, and yes on the VAT but get a Vax - they are so much more reliable.

Almost anything is more reliable than a dyson. They really are the Apple of the vacuum world...

They look pretty (read: different) but allow you to pay massive extended warranties to have them fixed when they (will) fail. It increases total cost of ownership but because they are canning you they at least have the decency to have a decent turn around time.

any vacuum made by numatic (Henry, Hetty etc) you can't go wrong
and their cheaper than £200 (about £100)
if you use it for work claim it all back. the tax man wins in the end so take what you can!

And don't forget to factor in any bags for your costs lol

Sponsored Links
Back