Is an Area Of Great Landscape Value defined as 'Article 2(3)' land?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As per the title really, I have a planning app to do for a property that resides in an Area Of Great Landscape Value and need to know if it has all PD rights or not, the legislation http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2015/596/pdfs/uksi_20150596_en.pdf. contains a definition of such land on (page 13) as:

Article 2(3) land
1.Land within—
(a) an area designated as a conservation area under section 69 of the Planning (Listed Buildings and Conservation Areas) Act 1990 (designation of conservation areas);
(b) an area of outstanding natural beauty;
(c) an area specified by the Secretary of State for the
purposes of section 41(3) of the
Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981 (enhancement and
protection of the natural beauty
and amenity of the countryside)(a);
(d) the Broads;
(e) a National Park; and
(f) a World Heritage Site.

Now no mention of Area Of Great Landscape Value there but as I understood it, an Area Of Great Landscape Value is basically an extension of an Area Of Outstanding Natural Beauty so (using my maybe misguided logic) would mean this too would carry the same restriction. Any opinions/case-law words of wisdom?

Sponsored Links
Never heard of it. Is it a made up term or an official designation?

The definitions in that clause are quite specific, and I do recall other areas of law where the courts have determined that when someone wants to be specific he should do so. And 2(3) is quite specific about the land it relates to.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back