is it ESSENTIAL ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replacing an old system boiler with a new bells and whistles combi, is it absolutely necessary once the ch system has been flushed to fix a scale inhibitor-reducer and magnaclean filter ? how many of you do this as standard when installing ?

Sponsored Links
thanks for the reply. could you be more expansive please? why not?!
my husband has started talking boilers non-stop ( try system or combi at 4.15am...) and I could do with some salvation. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
The british standard that covers this only states that the system must be flush as per manufacturers Instructions (its not very direct but a very vague bit of paper it is)

But IMHO you would be spoiling the ship for a hap'orth of tar if you dont fit a boiler buddy/magnaclean to the system

:)

my husband has started talking boilers non-stop ( try system or combi at 4.15am...) and I could do with some salvation. Thanks!

I'm sure you could think of a way to change the subject ;) :LOL:

I usually just powerflush system and only fit a filter if the customer asks for it.

I'm sure you could think of a way to change the subject ;) :LOL:

I usually just powerflush system and only fit a filter if the customer asks for it.

do you ever suggest it to a customer mate?

we just fit them now, saves call backs it do

an old system will never get fully clean, even if it's powerflushed. the magnaclean will pick up any circulating black sediment from the water and trap it before it can get into the new boiler and clog it up. It continues working indefinitely and takes only a few minutes to empty.

I will not repeat my anecdote (this evening) but you can use the "search" button above and search on "Magnaclean" for heaps of previous posts.

which scale reducer/inhibitor would you reccomend please ?

What are people's views on chemical/electrical/magnetic descalers ?

What are people's views on ...electrical/magnetic descalers ?

hysterical.gif

I can sell you a piece of magic string to tie round the water pipe. £25 plus P&P.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back