Is it me????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is it me or are younger people, 15,16,17, year olds, getting mouthier and less respectful. I am only 32 but i would never of mouthed it to someone like me at that age. There was noise outside the house the other night and after telling them to politely wind it in i got f*** this and f*** that thrown at me. Well in my book ( a military one) if you can talk like a man then you can walk like one....but hang on a minute......stop...i cannot do anything...............these little pieces of s**t know the law better than me and whats more it is probably on their side anyway. Street justice it seems is for cowards in a gang not for the individual protecting their area or property.

Sponsored Links
Kids are without doubt badly behaved these days, they are also evil too.

As you say they know the law and get away with it.

However, I would strongly think twice before tackling them. I know it may seem the cowards way out to be intimidated by them, but think first. You could quite easily end up with bricks through your windows or your car smashed etc. These thugs are usually of an age where they soon find something to do and move on. If you must go out try not to let them see where you live.

I know it annoys you but these little bl***ers can make your life a real misery and have caused people to move home.

I'm afraid kids got too much right even the school teachers are frighten of saying the wrong word to them.

In the olden days policeman used to clip you round the ear if you step out of line, can't do that now can they :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
I never got into trouble because of my strict parents which you don't get now.

had the same, but i must of been a scallywagg but never vindictive or viscious

Sadly, I have to agree. I am so glad I don't have kids because although it's easy to blame the parents there are far more influences around and it would be heartbreaking to see all your efforts go to waste as your own brats followed the herd.

I'd shoot the lot of them!

Sorry, guys, it is you, sad though it is. You're just getting old, and out of touch (as I am also) I mean look at that foul mouthed Adam W for instance :) ;)
Joke Adam, honestly .... :oops:

I still think that (hopefully) most parents believe they are strict (in the home) it's outside the kids think and know they can get away with murder. I believe that the breakdown starts in schools where teachers are not allowed to be the figureheads and disciplinarians they once were. Thankyou Mr Bliar for signing up to this Human Rights crap

A friend once had a problem with 'kids' outside his home swearing etc.
He remonstrated with them, was rewarded with a bottle in the face ... He never recovered from that mentally. Although physically ok, mentally he just slipped downhill ... eventually commiting suicide ... Was buried on a christmas eve back in the early 80's aged about 35 ... leaving a wife and two children.
No one ever brought to book over that.

I know he fretted over 'doing nothing' about what had happened, due to knowing that the kid involved attended same school as his own children and was from a local family known to be a 'bad lot'.

Made us all a little wary to say the least !

P

Yes the little gits know the law and think they can get away with whatever they like. Well I don't put up with any of their crap anymore, I've had enough of it.
One mouthy little git threatened to 'Deck' me so I told him to go ahead and stick one on me, so I could plaster him all over the road 'in self defence'. He didn't seem to like it that I'd answered him back and started swearing, from a safer distance. His mates seemed to think he was a real pratt as they told him to shut up.
Another time a little **** said he'd 'Brick' my windows I said 'go ahead, they're insured, are you?
A friend of mine told a group of ****s to stop breaking up the playground stuff in the park. They gave him a load of abuse and told him there was nothing he could do about it. He slapped the mouthiest one very hard across the face, after a quick look round first to see no one was about. Another of the plebs said 'Oi you can't do that we'll call the law on you' so he got a slap as well. They went away and he didn't hear another word about it.
Right or wrong someone has to draw the line somewhere.

Ah yes, the good old fashioned b*tch-slap. Not that I have ever had to resort to it, but I do believe it is more humiliating to get slapped than punched in the face... I would rather keep my teeth intact to be honest! :LOL:

I have never had any problems with "yooves" on their own. They generally look at their feet. Even in gangs they seem to see a guy in his twenties as an "older boy" rather than a grown up, so we get left alone. Only time I have ever had any problems was with... wait for it... girls! Seriously. I was walking along a street through a rough part of town in the wee hours. Two girls (I would reckon 15yo) walking towards me on the pavement, so at a distance away I moved over to the left of the pavement. So they moved over to my left. I moved over to the right, so did they. Both looking pretty shifty, so I made a cursory glance to make sure their hands were empty (didn't want to get stabbed). One of them barged into me... I found out that evening that 8 stone girls have a tendency to bounce off 16+ stone guys.

After picking herself off the floor, they just carried on until they were at a safe distance, then started hurling abuse. Unfortunately I couldn't think of anything "street" to say and based my rebuttal on the fact that for ME to move out of HER way would require a greater change in momentum :LOL: Although it had the desired effect, they looked a bit confused and said no more. :LOL:

My ex and her dad were having problems with some yobs who were kicking footballs against their (and everyone else's) cars. So I took their football, was a good leather one too. Can you tell that 60% of my family are teachers? :LOL: Gave the ball to some kids who were looking bored in the park next to my mate's house (in a different town), hopefully they didn't cause any trouble with it!

Slightly off topic, but a female friend of mine had a boy of about 8 come up to her in the street and ask "'Ere darlin', d'ya fancy a sh*g?" :LOL:

Reminds me of my son Will when he was 3, went shopping in co-op at Broadford Skye, and he had just learnt "Allo Darlin'!" (in a cockney accent). Go to the checkout, womans says Hi. Will says "Allo, darlin'!"....then proceeds to walk out with two tins of tuna stuffed up his shirt!!

Oh, dear....

Back to topic.

Yes. The worst I did was ring doorbells and leg it. Now nobody has any decency or respect. If it ain't yours you leave it alone, don't touch it. Not now...

Yes, but it's adorably cheeky when it is a small child, provided their parent pays for the tuna! :LOL:

I have just remembered an expression my dad used to use to describe the kind of kids who steal your skateboard, scratch-up cars and mouth off at people: "Street Arabs".

It is one of those expressions that isn't intended racially (I never heard it used with reference to an arabic child) but shouldn't be used now in case it offends. I suppose the term came about because those kinds of kids were to be seen roaming the streets, and many Arab cultures are/were nomadic.

There is another dimension to this problem. If old films and TV are correct, it used to be perfectly normal that if a child acted a hooligan or said something rude, you would grab hold of their ear and drag them round to their parents' house, then have strong words with their father. Now, it would be seen as unwise to go to someone's house and lecture them. Even bad parents don't like it when you comment on their parenting! :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back