Is it possible?

I

imamartian

that if you post a link to something e.g. a youtube clip for example, that you actually describe what it is? or at least introduce it and explain what it is... there are loads of post that just have a link, or a link and a reaction to the link... some of us don't have fantastic internet speeds, and more often that not i either click on the link, watch an egg timer for 15 seconds and kill it off, or just don't watch it at all...

Sponsored Links
think its better to not post a link... pure laziness not to use your own words..

The reason posters do this is so you watch it without knowing exactly what it is :) If they partially explained what the link is, you may not want to watch it.

The reason posters do this is so you watch it without knowing exactly what it is :) If they partially explained what the link is, you may not want to watch it.

On the other hand, because I don't know what it is or what its about I don't watch it.

Immi has a strong point for at least explaining what a link relates to.

Sponsored Links

and some on here tell me that i do not make sense...

On the other hand, because I don't know what it is or what its about I don't watch it.

Immi has a strong point for at least explaining what a link relates to.

thanks conny...

All these links are posted with no explaination, then I watch programmes like 'Most viewed web videos', and they are crap!

So do people get links, see the first few seconds, and think thats rubbish, like me?

Number one viewed video; a baby biting a childs hand...WHY? Number two - an unknown person dancing while off his face at a parade? Number 3 an American woman farting????

It's garbage! If a link is posted, unless it's relevent, then I don't even click it.

Sometimes pictures (videos) speak a thousand words.

Also, if you had a faster connection would that make a difference?

I am on someone else's comp. now for a while and I click on all the vids
but when I'm on my dongle at home I don't.

Sometimes we forget the amazing computer/electronic world we live in compared to the pre 90's and have a gripe at something that would be utterly amazing to you if it happened then.

I can only put on my wish list a faster connection and leave it at that.

I offer lots links up, when people have queries, It normally helps explain things a little better.
I don't feel a need to explain the link as it is often related to the question being asked!
But I do see your point imamartian, I often can't be arsed looking at some links, just because I don't know what they are and I'm a lazy sod!
That could be a good username Imalazysod, wonder where that idea came from :idea:

putting up links in a thread to make a point is fine IMHO, but it's the new threads, with no words, just a link that i don't like!!

yea i use links only when im having trouble discribing things in my own words, dont like posts that are links and... well thats it, waste of time

Sponsored Links
Back