Is my pricing wrong- Price this up!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Kitchen floor, 10 square metres. No units, square room. 600mmx600mm polished porcelain from B&Q. 2 manhole covers to cut in and around. 1 length ali trim for wide doorway.Screeding-TERRIBLE. I estimated 4 bags to level floor tile at a time. Supply adhesive, grout and labor for fixing, sealing tiles with supplied sealer, remove rubbish. Nth London price.

I understand what with the current climate and what not, but people really are expecting pro work for no money at all and is becoming, for me anyway, a problem trying to get work. Anyway, what do you guys think. Let me know what you think and i will tell you what i priced it at and what the customer expected.

Sponsored Links
Provided the screed isn't going to be more than 10mm out depth wise I would bed up with adhesive as I go,if deeper I would screed the floor with self leveling first and charge accordingly.

Assuming I can bed up and including everything you mentioned I would expect about £330-£350 and 2 days work but would need to see it first.If I have to supply sealer then would just add that cost to bill.

i think id put it at 400 all in for london prices, around here probs 330 ish

Hi fellas. Sorry for delay. Sir lancenotalot, bang on. Went in at £330. And get this. He had already been to our favourite tile outlet (rhymmes with botts piles) and they sold him 2 bags of sticky at £47 each! And they told him that with a heavy notch trowel he will get 8-10 metres a bag. (We wish) Told him to take them back and i will get 4 bags for the price of his one. Tried to do him a favour but to no avail. Anyway, what did he want to pay for the job? Not 300, not 250, not even 200. He wanted it done for £75. Sorry mate. NO CAN DO. Bye Bye.

Keep Smiling all.

Sponsored Links
He wanted it done for £75
:eek: :eek: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I've never had anyone try to beat me down in price that much.

I did give a quote for a conservatory floor once,the woman thought it was too much and got another guy in.He did it part time as he was a fireman.
Took him four days,I quoted two.
She was a friend of my mates wife and when they went round for coffee one day he said he couldn't beleive the state of the work :rolleyes:

Hi fellas. Sorry for delay. Sir lancenotalot, bang on. Went in at £330. And get this. He had already been to our favourite tile outlet (rhymmes with botts piles) and they sold him 2 bags of sticky at £47 each! And they told him that with a heavy notch trowel he will get 8-10 metres a bag. (We wish) Told him to take them back and i will get 4 bags for the price of his one. Tried to do him a favour but to no avail. Anyway, what did he want to pay for the job? Not 300, not 250, not even 200. He wanted it done for £75. Sorry mate. NO CAN DO. Bye Bye.

Keep Smiling all.

8 - 10 meters a bag! im gonna only buy that from now on!!!

and it takes the p*ss he was willing to pay over the odds for materials and fa for the actual work.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back