Is my test fit for purpose please experts?

I've not used CEF since the late 80's. Then it common to sign for 10 x 10mm M4 screws and then find the invoice had been changed to 100 x 10mm M4 screws.

Sponsored Links
Yeah I know what you mean surespark there not the cheapest. Just thought oharaf could take a look at that they have to offer as CEF tend to be everywhere.

CEF have a store down the road from me, I went with my brother (A real sparky) to buy cable, boxes and equip for re-wiring the house, when he was told how much he asked to see the manager.

His words were quite direct and 3 other sparks who were in clapped and applauded and left without their orders, nice!!!

MM44 General Purpose Multimeter (MARMM44)
Is this specification suitable for my needs Rob

It's made by martindale, there is an option for calibration, how essential is this for me?

Sorry for pestering but I do want to get equipment that is of use.

Whilst i'm writing I'm looking for some experience in the trade, currently i'm teaching but following 236 at college 2 nights a week, I started in Sept and will have completed 2 years by April, I've passed the first 2 science tests and the H&S.

Can you suggest my best route of going about this, would anyone be interested during school holidays for example

ACV: 0-200m-2-20-200-600V.
ACA: 0-20m-200m-10A.
DCV: 0-200m-2-20-200-600V
DCA: 0-20m-200m-10A
Ohms: 100mΩ -2000mΩ (7 ranges)
Resistance: 0-200-2k-20k-200k-2M-20M-2000M½.
Frequency: 0-2kHz-20kHz-200kHz-2MHz-15MHz.
Capacitance: 0-2n-20n-200n-2µ-20µF.
Diode, transistor and logic test.
Dimensions: 147 x 70 x 39mm.
Free rubberised protective holster, battery, leads
and manual included.

Sponsored Links
oharaf: Thats just a multimeter Im afraid and not a proper electrical installation tester. Their more suitable for electronics rather than electrical work.
You need a tester that will test for
Continuity
Polarity
Insulation resistance
Earth Loop Impedance
Prospective Fault Current
RCD testing

The link I posted eariler is the type you need.

As for experience try calling the local firms and ask for sparkys mate work or labouring which may involve making the tea!!! but its a start. Have you got your 2381 yet. You will definately need it at some point so look into it. Then think about 2391 Inspection and Testing which is a nightmare but worth it.

If you are looking for a meter to measure the resistance in an electrical installation you need to look more towards one that complies with GS38 and has an open circuit test voltage of (AC/DC) 4 - 24v, short circuit current not less than 200mA, range of 0.2 to 2 ohms and for a digital instrument, a resolution of 0.01 ohm.
This may be combined with an instrument such as an insulation resistance tester or a multi function installation tester.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back