is system pump big enough

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hey lads,
i am currently installing a viessmann vitodens 100 35kw system boiler,my question is the boiler is 20metres away from the furthest rad as this is the only place it can go,the boiler is downstairs in a boarding school but is feeding an upstairs apartment,but is the pump incorparated within the boiler good enough to do the system or will i have to put a second pump on to drive it,i doubt the pump in boiler is big enough myself but was just looking for a second opinion,thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Most system boilers Viessmann included fit a pump which will be more than sufficient to serve the purpose - fitting additional pumps can cause a lot of problems - if you wish to fit another pump I would urge you to connect the boiler to the system using a Low Loss Header to prevent any hydronic problems ;)

thanks for reply,i was just suspicious as to whether it would pump as far as i want or would it just evetually creep in?

Sponsored Links
You know how to size the pipework, right? Well size it and see if the pump is big enough. If not, size it a bit bigger :mrgreen: A modern system boiler pump will pump an awful long way in good sized pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back