Is the moving of the boiler a breack of contract for BG HC

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
I am having a kitchen renovation and have to move the boiler. Does anyone know if this is this a breach of contact for British Gas Home Care.
The problem is that after being reinstalled, the plumber said that the boiler 'had it'. And I need a new one, I was wondering whether BG HC still covers me.
Any response will be highly appreciated.
Regards

Sponsored Links
They wouldn't replace it completely if it was unrepairable would they.

What was/is wrong with it.

Thank you for your responses.
When the boiler was initially installed, it was running OK. The plumber let the hot water run for a while and then he said that gas pressure was going up and down, then he said that the pump did not seem to be working, afterwards, no hot water was going to the taps and in the end he said that CO was coming out of the boiler and he had to tap it.

Sponsored Links
So you pay someone to move your boiler, they fook it up and you want bg to repair or replace it.......dream on m8 :confused: :confused:

The tit that broke it should be putting it right. Sounds more like he is after an easy boiler swap for a quiet week.

Was he even gas safe registered?

If the boiler was moved and refitted correctly and "working" BG would have no issue with that. However they have a clause in the T&Cs regards 3rd party interferance.

The plumber who moved it, said that since CO level reached a certain number (I do not remember something like 0.008) it was not safe and I had to buy a new one. Obviously, I am not convinced that's why I am looking for advice but I don't think this guy will be convinced to come back to fix it. When he gave me the quote for this job, he (wisely) wrote on it that he cannot guarantee that it will work after being reconnected. So he is covered. Yes, I know, I should not have hired him, but he was recommended etc. (and yes, in case you are wondering he did try to sell me a new one in the beginning and I refused)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back