Is there a best glass for keeping in heat ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi we have a large lounge and on 3 sides there are double glazed windows and also a pair of double glazed doors, the room is 18 foot by 12 foot and the window drops are 5 feet then 2 and a half foot of brick to the floor, so a lot of window, when the weather is cold, this room is very cold in comparrison to the other lounge which only has the windows on one side, I would like to be able to use the other lounge all year around, but that means having the heating blaring and the rest of the house at boiling point, so can anyone tell me what can of benefit there would be in replaceing the glass with something more modern' the current units were fitted 12 years ago so I am hoping that technology will have moved on, all the tv programmes have houses with masses of windows, so I am i can find out what they use, any help would be appreciated as I rarely don't want to spend a fortune and not get a decent amount of improvement, Thanks :)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi
Thanks for the replys, do you know if I changed the glass for double low e glass with gas in would that be as good as the triple glass, with gas in the frames that are currently in place would not fit triple into them, so I would prefer to change the frames as well if it would make a difference, the window fitter said that the 3rd glaze is for noise reduction, and that my frames are in good condition, any help appreciated Thanks.

What about sealed units filled with xenon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back