Is there hope of getting this fixed?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Big ask but now the weathers turned getting a plumber out im bottom of the list ringing up.

Its an old system and im finding it tricky to find a plumber that will even consider starting to look at a fix (the boiler is probably older than the plumber)

House is 1930s ive been here for nearly 10 years, im guessing the boiler is around 20 years old,
yes we need a new combi in the ideal world but the house is sold pending we find something.

The boiler will fire no problem with just the hotwater on but once the heating is turned on the after around 10 minutes of
the radiators getting luke warm the boiler will click and the pilot will go out.

Ive replaced the thermocouple myself as this has gone before and i think its just wear and tear.

My very wide guess is some kind of overheat switch or just a build up of gunk in the system.

A general question if there might be anything i can try but im guessing most people in the know will be busy.

Couple of random pictures to explain -

Attachments

• Boiler 1.jpg
    Boiler 1.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 194
  • Boiler 2.jpg
    Boiler 2.jpg
    184.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Boiler 4.jpg
    Boiler 4.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Boiler 5.jpg
    Boiler 5.jpg
    226 KB · Views: 181
  • Boiler 6.jpg
    Boiler 6.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 179
  • Boiler 7.jpg
    Boiler 7.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 184
Sponsored Links
Check the pumps running, and that the 3 port valve opens by pulling the lever on the side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back