Is there such thing as a remote thermostat?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
I have my central heating thermostat mounted on a wall in a totally silly place.
What I need to do ideally is replace the thermostat with a reciever box and then have a remote sensor in another, more suitable location.
Want to avoid the hassle of chasing in a new thermostat, just need a quick remote/reciever solution.
I've had a good look around but am having trouble finding something suitable. Anyone have any ideas where I may be able to find them?

Cheers all!

Sponsored Links
one slight problem though (although i also confees i have not looked at one)

I assume the radio receiver will require a live neutral and earth giving a switched live. Most modern stats only have live, switched live , neutral and earth, which means it wont work where old stat was.

How ever you may want to put the receiver near the time switch as this will be where the existing stat is wired to, and there will also be live neutral and earth

the stat runs on long life batteries the reciver is wired to the boiler at the boiler
breezer i dismay :oops:

liked the rubber tree tho :LOL:

Sponsored Links
...and the receiver will usually have Live Neutral and Earth connections to power it, plus Common, Call for Heat and Satisfied. This allows all combinations of mains and low voltage controls on boilers, etc. but be careful you understand what you're connecting to what. In most cases, all you need to do is connect the 'external thermostat' connections on the boiler to Common and Call for Heat on the receiver.

Honeywell CM67 works well, fitted a few with no probs or simpler Drayton RF Digistat range work well.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back