Is this a Check valve? help needed

I'd get rid of it to!
It's superfluous and is just another bottleneck!
Are the rad valves working?
Does the rad get ANY heat at all?

Sponsored Links
I think its the last one in the loop and doesn't get hot so i am replacing that ask think its stuck closed.

With the slot at that angle it is mechanically about 2/3 open. but if the radiator is not getting hot then maybe the valve ( and maybe the pipe as well ) is clogged with rust particles from corroding radiators.

Did the installer flush out the radiators or did he just install the new boiler without doing any checks on the condition of the pipe work ?. He may have invalidated the boiler's warantee by not flushing the system befire installing it.
The slot as you call it would be a drain plug in order to drain water from above the NRV......Google isn't always your friend Bernard..

If the pipe to the rad is hot but the rad is cold then clearly the hot water isn't getting thru the rad, so one of several causes: rad is gunked (you say you checked this); rad vave is faulty (is it a TRV?); rad is a massive air-lock (you say you've bled it); there is insufficient pressure in your system (top up the pressure with filling loop)...I'm sure experts could think of more. Try undoing valve at the "cold" end of the rad to see if hot water starts to flow out of the rad....

Sponsored Links
When I said:
It will not be necessary now that the hot water circuit no longer applies so get rid of it.
I should have added;
and it may cause a circulation problem so get rid of it.
Basically, get rid of it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back