Is this a good buy?

Sponsored Links
For sure it looks a decent price but you can get solid 18mm oak flooring for £20 a metre. Depends how much you have to lay as to whether that is an issue.
You would not be able to apply a stain without removing the coatings already applied....a pointless and labour intensive excercise.

looks like you live near to me.......if you can get to Selco in Stirchley or Stax in Oldbury have a look at their Solid Oak planks pre-finished.....they look good in the packs and stunning when laid. Will cost circa £20 per metre

Sponsored Links
If I layed a good hardwood floor in my hallway and dining room would it add any value to my house?
Depends on various things. Is the type of hard wood floor in character with the house? Is it decently installed? Is it quality good with a hard wearing finish? Is the floor type in character with the room you installed it in (wide boards with bevels in a narrow long hall is rather a no no, makes the hall look even narrower and longer) etc etc etc.

As for Solid Oak floors for around £ 20.00: beware of the short end of the stick: many very short lengths in a large and wide room will look horribly and not add much value to your home

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back