Is this a load bearing wall?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I have manged to get the plans of my 1950's semi detached. Can anyone tell me if they think the kitchen wall between the dining room is a load bearing wall - the one on the far left? It is offset to the main hallway wall.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Got the upstairs drawings:

Not sure if it helps but the bathroom wall is 220cm away from the side of the house, the dinining room / kitchen wall is 280cm away from the side of the house so they are not on top of each other:

Sponsored Links
Regardless of where the dividing wall is upstairs, if the floor joists are running onto the wall, it will be load-bearing.

three-inch-hole-saw.jpg

Check the floorboards in either your bathroom(under the bath?) or bedroom 2. The joists will be at right angles to them, if they are parallel with that wall then you could be in luck.
Frank

You muppets, drill a boomin hole in the ceiling, stick your hand in, have a grope around, jobs a goodun. If he's gonna be ripping the wall down then a hole in the ceiling next to the wall can just be patched when the rest is done.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back